Wednesday, May 21, 2008

When I Was Your Age: A Senior High School Student Gives Advice to His Junior

When I was your age I was tender, young, imaginative and naive. I thought the whole world revolved around me because of the love my parents had given me. I was the center of attention for all in my family. However, studying in school made me realize that it is learning on top of love that is offered in school that would polish my capabilities to the true extent. It is the qualities of head and heart that makes as a true human being worthy of respect for all. School made me learn how to interact with people, make friends and above all how to excel in life. I learned that in order to gain respect we have to respect all our friends, family and each and every member of our society no matter rich or poor even good or bad. Good because we can learn a lot from good people and respect for bad because maybe we can make a difference in these people lives by reforming them. Maybe God Almighty has given us these privileges to help all those less privileged in life. I learnt that it is not only learning but experience that only comes with time and ripes with age that is a requisite for success. Experiences tough or easy, good or bad prepare us for the life ahead, if only one is able to ponder and learn from it, one can make better choices in the future. Tough experiences early on make our life easy at the latter hurdles and learning again is the important part. It is through age that comes experience and through experience comes wisdom and wisdom is something invaluable. Had I known a few things at your age that I have learnt now through experiences, maybe I had made even better choices. But some things are rites of passage and so is age. One cannot go to the next step without the previous one. Hence, I have come to the conclusion that those things were important and so is learning at every step. Everything good or bad comes to us from Almighty for our own good and to make us even better. I am sure you will be a success in life and a much better person worthy of respect from all if you take learning from school and learning from experience as arrows in your quiver and love from your loved ones to guide you and shield you from troubles. Head and heart my dear tender friend.

No comments: